2017 Tax Return
Tax Organizers are being sent out to assist in collecting the information and papers needed to have your tax forms prepared. If we saw you last year, an appointment time has been indicated based upon when you came in last year. Please call to confirm or to re-schedule if needed.
If you are providing information for multiple returns and you did not previously, please verify that sufficient time has been provided.
Also, if there are many stock transactions, sending the 1099B from the broker ahead of time would be useful. This applied to rental and business activities also.
The following are new dates for filing taxes:
- Individual Returns are due April 18th.
- Partnerships, LLCs and S-Corps are now all due March 15th.
- Trust Returns are due April 18th.
- C-Corps and due the 15th of the fourth month after your year end. (ex. April 15th if your year end is December).
- FBARs are due April 18th instead of June 30th for those who have an interest in or signature over foreign accounts when the total was over $10,000 at any time during the year.
- Some refunds will be slower this year. Due to fraud and errors, the IRS will be checking out returns claiming earned income credits which will cause some delays. No refunds including earned income credits will be used prior to February 15th.The number of clients who have their returns rejected because someone else has already filed using their name and/or social security number is increasing every year.If this happens to you: